The Partnership is financially supported by Cumbria County Council via grants to support business advice and networking activities and through the provision of staff time to support the steering group’s activities. The Partnership is governed by a Constitution and managed by a Steering Group made up of representatives of various bodies and organisations involved in the social enterprise sector in Cumbria.
The objectives of the Partnership are:
- To increase the formation, growth and survival rates of Cumbrian social enterprises.
- To improve information and communication between and outside the Cumbrian social enterprise sector in the North West of England and beyond.
- To grow market opportunities for Cumbrian social enterprises.
- To represent the interests of the Cumbrian social enterprise sector.
- To work with local, regional national and transnational bodies to strengthen the sector.
The Partnership carried out a mapping exercise of the sector as part of its 2019 support programme, which evidenced that the sector had grown by nearly 50% since the last mapping exercise was carried out in 2008. The findings of the mapping exercise can be seen at https://secumbria.org/sector-mapping